Many men and women turn to abdominoplasty as the answer to the frustrating problem of laxity around the mid-section. Loose soft tissue and muscle tissue may originate with pregnancy or weight loss, or may be yet one more consequence of aging. Whatever the cause, this problem can lead to one trying to hide their body with saggy clothing. It may also cause a person to feel self-conscious. Rather than live with these negative habits, millions correct the problem with a precision surgical procedure.
At Advanced Aesthetic Plastic Surgery in Reno, we discuss the various aspect of abdominoplasty with our patients. It is important to know what is possible for your individual body; and also to identify ways that you can lighten your load so your recovery is smooth and stress-free.
Tips for Abdominoplasty Recovery
There are several post-op guidelines that patients receive prior to their procedure. However, sometimes it is the little details that provide the greatest comfort:
- After your tummy tuck, sleep as much as your body tells you to. Rest is one of the most important aspects of healing, and you will need lots of it in the days following abdominoplasty.
- In order to avoid stress, fill any prescriptions days prior to your surgery. Have pain medication within close proximity to your recovery area in the home, or have a reliable caregiver dose out your medication as prescribed. Do not postpone taking medication! Staying ahead of possible pain is advantageous on several levels.
- Your bedroom or living room will be your own personal recovery area. The more comfortable you can make it, the better. Before surgery, outfit these rooms with pillows, blankets, books, music, movies, and anything else that relaxes you.
- Kids and pets can present a challenge to your recovery, as lifting is off-limits for a short time. Also, small members of your family could inadvertently cause you pain with a wrong movement. To minimize stress and facilitate healing, arrange for a caregiver not only for yourself but for your family.
- Give yourself the gift of nutrition. The better your diet, the better your body can heal. Prepare healthy soups and casseroles prior to surgery so the only necessity is to heat and eat.
Abdominoplasty has helped many of our Reno patients feel better about their appearance. To learn more, call (775) 826-4477.