No matter how well you take care of yourself, you can still end up with a double chin – it is just the way life goes. And unfortunately, double chins are not easy to get rid of on your own. That’s where KYBELLA comes in. Here are 7+ things you may not know about KYBELLA!
What is KYBELLA?
Do you know someone who has had KYBELLA? You might – the procedure is very popular because it is noninvasive and effective, without all of the hassle, expense, and downtime that comes with a surgical procedure. Here are some other things you should know about KYBELLA:
1. KYBELLA is made up of deoxycholic acid, which is made by the body to break down fat. It is administered by injection into fat under the chin. Because it breaks down fat, it won’t help if the tissue under the chin is skin and not fat.
2. It is safe to use and was approved by the FDA in 2015.
3. It destroys the fat cells in the chin area and gets rid of them for good. The cells are flushed out of the body within a few weeks. Because it does take time to get rid of the fat cells, it will take some time to see results. And, you should keep in mind that although those fat cells have been destroyed, you must maintain a healthy lifestyle so that new fat doesn’t accumulate.
4. Each KYBELLA treatment session only takes about 20 minutes. However, depending on the patient, more than one session may be needed.
5. There is no scarring to worry about after KYBELLA, since there are no surgical incisions made.
6. There is no downtime with KYBELLA. You can get right back to your daily activities as soon as you leave your doctor’s office.
7. There are few side effects with KYBELLA. You may have some bruising, swelling, and tenderness, but this is only temporary.
KYBELLA not only gets rid of that double chin, it gives your face a contoured, more youthful look. Contact the office of Phillip Dahan, MD, FACS, in Reno, NV, for a KYBELLA appointment. Call 775-826-4477 today!