Are you a Woman Who Could Benefit from Bioidentical Hormone Therapy?
- Posted on: Feb 15 2019
At some point, every adult will experience hormonal imbalance. Sometimes, hormones fluctuate temporarily, such as during adolescence or pregnancy. Later in life, though, hormonal imbalance can span over a decade or more, culminating in menopause and the end of menstruation. Until recently, little help has been available for men and women struggling with the long-term effects of hormonal shifts. Now we have viable solutions in the form of bioidentical hormones. However, one cannot benefit from modern therapies if she does not recognize the signs her body is sending her that she needs help.
In our Reno plastic surgery office, our concern for general wellness is demonstrated in the hormone testing and supplementation services we offer. Our experience in helping patients optimize their hormones is very gratifying because we get to witness the profound transformation that is possible with appropriate therapy. As much as it pleases us to see our patients regain a sense of vitality, we know their gains are so much more significant. If you’re wondering whether it’s time to consult with a board-certified physician about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, all you need to do is ask yourself a few questions.
Answers to the following questions may be
- No, or
- Is your mental clarity foggy more often than not?
- Do you often experience a depressed mood?
- Has your sex drive decreased?
- Do you struggle to fall asleep or stay asleep?
- Is your sleep disrupted by hot flashes and sweating?
- Have you gained weight, particularly around your midsection?
- Do you frequently feel irritable or anxious?
- Does vaginal dryness make intercourse a painful experience?
- Are you losing more hair than is normal for you?
- Do you experience joint pain?
A “yes” response to four or more of these questions could indicate that your hormones are out of balance. Bioidentical hormone replacement is a method of restoring balance using plant-based byproducts that replicate the same molecular structure as the hormones made by the body. This natural approach to hormone balancing has become increasingly popular due to its effectiveness and convenience.
Learn more about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Call our Reno office at (775) 826-4477.