Do you feel like your skin isn’t as toned and as tight as it should be, and it’s making you look older than you are? Then ThermiTight® may be right for you! Read on for some information about this procedure!
What Is ThermiTight?
In a ThermiTight treatment, radiofrequency energy is used under the first layers of the skin to promote the growth of collagen and elastin, two proteins that the skin needs to look youthful, fresh, and toned. If you have severe skin laxity, it may not be the procedure for you, and you might need a surgical procedure. However, if you have minimal to moderate laxity, ThermiTight might be the solution.
There are so many benefits to ThermiTight:
- It can be used on many areas. It can help to tighten skin on the knees, thighs, buttocks, flanks, hips, abdomen, back, chest, arms, neck, and chin. You can even have several different areas treated at the same visit.
- It is quick. A ThermiTight treatment typically takes less than an hour, and it can be done in your doctor’s office.
- There is very little pain, if any. After anesthesia is applied, a tiny incision is made into the skin for the insertion of the radiofrequency probe. This probe heats the dermis and the fat to stimulate collagen and elastin to grow. After the procedure, there may be minimal bruising, redness, swelling, and tenderness.
- There is little downtime. Most patients get back to work the day after their ThermiTight treatment and can get back to their regular exercise routine within a week.
- It lasts for years. Within a few months, your skin will begin to tighten, and it will continue to do so over the next 2 years.
- It is safe to have it done with other procedures. It is very common for patients to have ThermiTight done along with liposuction to “sculpt” problem areas.
The staff at the office of Phillip Dahan, MD, FACS, can tell you if ThermiTight is right for you or if another option might be better. Contact the office in Reno, NV, for a consultation. Call 775-826-4477 for an appointment today!