Is ThermiVa Your Best Summer Self-Care Option?
- Posted on: Aug 15 2020
So far, 2020 has been a relatively stressful year. Its events are teaching us the vital necessity for self-care. How that looks may be different for everyone. One of the desires we’ve heard expressed quite a bit lately is to look and feel amazing despite the current situation; or maybe because of it! In our Reno office, we’ve got several ways that patients can give themselves a cosmetic and emotional boost. We’ve also got an incredible option for giving intimate wellness a boost! Here, we discuss the reason why ThermiVa non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation is an excellent self-care modality.
What is ThermiVa?
ThermiVa is nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation. Why would someone want or need such a treatment? Because the vaginal canal and external genitalia are fortified by collagen and, over time, collagen strands break down in this area of the body just like they do in the skin on the face, neck, and other areas. ThermiVa treatment corrects the atrophy, orgasmic dysfunction, vaginal dryness, and stress urinary incontinence that occur when the vaginal tissue degrades. The controlled radiofrequency energy deposited into vaginal tissues can improve all of these concerns simultaneously.
What ThermiVa Does
- Internal vaginal tightening. Radiofrequency energy absorbed into the vaginal lining leads to the constriction of collagen strands and the proliferation of new collagen in the area. Together, these effects tighten the vaginal canal, reducing urinary leakage and improving sexual satisfaction.
- External tightening. The vulva and labia can also change with age and childbirth. Looseness can create discomfort (physical and emotional) when wearing exercise clothing, bathing suits, and lingerie. The absorption of radiofrequency into the external genitalia tightens tissue, which can reduce size and sag.
- The increase of collagen within the vaginal canal restores the moistness of the vaginal mucosa, reducing discomfort and increasing sexual pleasure.
Now for the Details
- A series of ThermiVa treatments is needed to achieve notable improvement. In most cases, one treatment a month for three months achieves great results. Each treatment lasts 30 to 40 minutes.
- ThermiVa treatments do not hurt. Patients may feel some warmth from the radiofrequency energy, but this is not uncomfortable. No anesthetic is necessary.
- No downtime is needed after ThermiVa treatments. Patients can resume all normal activities on the day of their treatment, including sexual intercourse.
- The positive effects of ThermiVa treatment may be felt right away. These improve over time, becoming noticeable after about 2 weeks. These improvements can last up to one year.
Posted in: Vaginal Rejuvenation