Growing older comes with some advantages. We typically have more wisdom and patience and resilience in our 40s and beyond than we did at 20. We may have gained a few lines on the face, but have laughed a lot to get them. Still, when the face starts to look older with every passing year, a person can become self-conscious or generally dissatisfied with their appearance. In our Reno office, we help patients find freedom from the signs of aging in ways that work for their unique preferences. We’ll discuss them here.
Since the early 2000s, the vast majority of professional beauty treatments have involved injections. Adults of all ages appreciate the ease and comfort offered by injectables like Botox and dermal fillers. These treatments have become the most common ways of treating age-related concerns like frown lines, crow’s feet, a descending brow line, even jowls and a downturned mouth. Where Botox takes a few days to reveal its advantageous results, dermal fillers work immediately to thwart the signs of aging.
Practical Habits to Manage Aging Skin
Aging is inevitable. However, we have some degree of power over how fast and how severely our skin changes with time. It’s never too late to develop skincare habits that promote resilience. Some may postpone aging and some might even have a rejuvenating effect on the skin. Suggested practical habits include:
- Eat nutrient rich foods with plenty of antioxidants. These substances fight the free radicals associated with premature aging.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water every day helps maintain moisture in the skin and also supports healthy cellular activity.
- Exercise! Yes, exercise is good for the skin. When we move the body, we are fueling our cells to work more efficiently. Exercise also promotes good circulation, which delivers nutrients and oxygen to the skin.
- Use quality skincare products every day.
- Apply sunscreen liberally every day, not only for that backyard barbeque or day on the shore.
Surgical Facial Rejuvenation
As much as we know most people would like to preserve their youthful appearance without surgery, this just isn’t always possible. Dr. Dahan offers several minimally-invasive surgical options to refresh the face that shows more significant signs of aging. Examples include:
- Blepharoplasty eyelid rejuvenation
- Brow lift surgery
- Facelift surgery
- RefreshLift™ modified facelift surgery
Find your Freedom
You don’t have to be a certain age to be a good candidate for facial rejuvenation. You deserve to feel confident all the time. To see how we can help you achieve your cosmetic goals, contact our Reno office at (775) 826-4477.