Tips for a Smooth Mommy Makeover Experience: Preparing in Advance
- Posted on: Oct 15 2019
A personalized mommy makeover can do a lot for a woman’s sense of self. Being Mommy is a wonderful experience and one that can only enhance how a woman sees herself. To manage the physical changes of motherhood, many women turn to a particular combination of plastic surgery procedures. To see which techniques can work for you, we invite you to contact our Reno office. To learn how to prepare for the best mommy makeover experience, read on.
Before Your Mommy Makeover
- Consult with at least two plastic surgeons before moving forward with your procedure. Make sure all of your questions are asked (and answered!).
- Stop smoking, if you engage in this habit. Nicotine, however you consume it, inhibits the blood flow that is vital to tissue healing.
- Prepare help. Recovery from your mommy makeover is nothing to feel uneasy about, but it is a process that will require you to have help. Whether a friend or family member, or a whole team of people, the support you get for the first week or so of recovery will make an enormous difference in your overall experience. What might you need? Reminders to take medicine, help to and from the bathroom, bathing, food prep, childcare, and other assistance managing the daily routine of your household. Communicate clearly with all helpers, including your partner, so everyone is on the same page about what to expect.
- Stock the medicine cabinet. Fill your post-op prescriptions in advance so you’re not waiting on pain medication. Also, talk with your doctor about the value of a stool softener and the need to stop any supplements or vitamins you may be taking.
- Prepare your recovery center. Your home will be your recovery center so it should be comfortable and also well-stocked with supplies such as extra bandages and healing ointments. Think of anything you may need to feel cozy and occupied, from extra pillows to a soft blanket to magazines and music.
- Take time off. Most surgeons recommend that mommy makeover patients take a full two weeks off work and other obligations.
Posted in: Mommy Makeover